Saturday, March 19, 2011

Zynga, your Customer Support is AWESOME!

Yes, I do play FarmVille. :D
So, this one day, FarmVille was offline for everybody in Finland. The downtime lasted the whole day, so pretty much everyone's crops went bad.
I then contacted Zynga customer support because I wanted some compensation.

I had planted my farm full of Fire Peppers, which you need to research in a plantation. This takes 3 days and gives 50 seeds. Also costs some 7000 coins.
So, I had my 676 plots of Fire Peppers gone. Too long did it take for me to get those seeds. My plantation supported only 3 researches at a time, so that was 150 seeds per 3 days, total of 15 days in real life gone up in thin air. Also, the expected loss in profit, which I've calculated to be 676 mastery points (1352 with used bushel), 2028 XP and 204 152 coins. I don't even bother to calculate the actual loss in fuel and time...
How much could this be if I converted this into real money?
You can buy 70 600 coins for $46, so technically I lost $138 in expected income through coins. Actually quite a lot. :D
Now, what if I would've used that 'Farm Cash' for buying the fuel and finishing the seeds early? I know I'd be PISSED.

So, I contacted Zynga Customer Support.
A week later, after I actually forgot the whole thing, I got an reply.
I honestly didn't expect any activity. I mean, if they're not going to pay attention to the gaming experience at all (I'm pointing at the numerous amount of obvious bugs and glitches), why would there be an support?

Well, the first email stated:
As your last email to us has been a few days back, there were several updates that have been released for FarmVille. May I ask if you are still experiencing the same issue/s?
Few days?! I sent in the rant message on Wed Mar 09 17:58:39 GMT 2011, and they replied to me Thu Mar 17 17:00:50.
8 days later and a random downtime that could be accused on a server update or malfunction still be going on? Damn!

Well, I explained and stated what I want.
The next day (Whoa!):
We apologize for the delay in our response, as we have been getting a lot of emails lately. 
So you admit having a shitload of problems? Or a strangely understaffed support.
Anyways, she asked how much and what I had planted.

A few letters back and forth later, she checked my farm (After asking me the same info about it?!), and:
I have now added 20,500 Coins to your Gift Box.
Where I replied:
20,500?
How generous.
Well, at least it covers the expenses. Thanks...
She replied back:
You're welcome! Glad we could assist you and that you are pleased with our Support Team! 
What a bitch! :D
Wasn't my last message sarcastic enough?!

I'm really surprised I got ANYTHING from them.
What expected was 200 000 coins or the 676 Fire Pepper seeds. But 10% of coins, ignoring XP and mastery points? That 20500 barely covers the expenses from planting the seeds...

Thanks Zynga! I'm ...pleased... with your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment